Carers in Bedfordshire
We are all living in very difficult times and family carers are already facing practical and emotional challenges which seem to build as the days go by. Carers in Bedfordshire is continuing to support carers by providing information and advice, and more in depth support in finding solutions to the particular challenges they are facing. Keep an eye on our website for frequent updates and information on the situation as it develops. If you think any of the information below would be useful to someone, please forward it on.
Because of the restrictions on gatherings and social contact:
- Our groups, training events and cafes have been suspended until further notice.
- Our Biggleswade and Leighton Buzzard offices are also closed during this period.
- The Carers Lounges at Bedford Hospital and the Luton & Dunstable Hospital are also closed.
- Counselling & Relaxation sessions cannot take place, and we are unable to meet carers face to face in the present circumstances.
Our support workers are still able to support over the phone. To get in touch call us on 0300 111 1919 between 9.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. We are here for carers of all ages including those who are assuming a caring role as a result of the COVID-19 virus.
Alternatively you can:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our website, www.carersinbeds.org.uk for up to date information and guidance. We will have information about resources and frequently asked questions on caring during this troublesome time.
- Find the Bedfordshire Carers Guide on our website: it is full of helpful information for carers.
- Follow us on social media using the link buttons at the bottom of the email. We will be posting frequently with tips, guidance and information.
If you know a dementia carer or someone affected by memory loss they can also:
- Ring 0300 111 1919 to speak to the Memory Navigation Service
- Use the www.memoryinbeds.org.uk website for information and guidance and ask questions through ‘Ask Claire’. These queries will be answered by our Dementia Nurse Specialist.
Ask us for the Bedfordshire Dementia Handbook or find it via: www.memoryinbeds.org.uk/mib-home/37-mib-memory-in-beds/461-beds-dementia-handbook