Please note that the car park is to be used by patients/their carers for the duration of their appointment at the surgery only. Cars may additionally be parked in Bassett Road, Millbank and Millstream Way, but please:
- be respectful of our neighbours and do not park across driveways unless you have been given permission to do so;
- avoid parking up on the pavement as this makes access very difficult for those using walking aids and wheelchairs as well as mums with buggies and prams;
- avoid parking on both sides of the road as this restricts access for patient transport and emergency vehicles.
Transport to Local Hospitals
The practice falls within the catchment of 3 main hospitals; the Luton & Dunstable, Milton Keynes & Stoke Mandeville Hospitals. They are each approx. 12 miles from the practice and the following transport links are taken from their websites:
Criteria for qualifying for free patient transport have become increasingly tight over recent years due to our ageing population and insufficient resources to meet demand. With this in mind, our very practical Patient Participation Groups in LB have set up their own transport for those who are able to travel by car. This is called the LB Voluntary Patient Transport group or LBVPT.
They are able to transport patients for routine pre-booked outpatient appointments (not emergency appointments) to Stoke Mandeville, Milton Keynes, the Luton & Dunstable, High Wycombe, Amersham and Bedford Hospitals. They do ask for a contribution towards fuel costs but this is still considerably cheaper than the cost of a taxi/public transport. Typical fees suggested are:
- The L&D and MK Hospitals - £12 return
- Stoke Mandeville - £15 return
- High Wycombe - £30 return
- Amersham - £26 return
- Bedford - £22 return
To arrange transport:
Phone: 07873 497633